Propylene Glycol (PG)
Brand: DOW CHEMICAL
DOW PuraGuard™ Propylene Glycol (PG) USP/EP is a pharmaceutical grade of Monopropylene Glycols (PG or MPG) with a specified purity greater than 99.8%.
It is listed by the Personal Care Products Council† as an approved ingredient in cosmetics, and its use is reviewed by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review (CIR). DOW PuraGuard™ USP/EP is Kosher and complies with Halal requirements.
DOW PuraGuard™ USP/EP is an important ingredient for a multitude of uses, including:
- Solvent for aromatics in the flavor-concentrate industry
- Wetting agent for natural gums
- Ingredient in the compounding of citrus and other emulsified flavors
- Solvent in elixirs and pharmaceutical preparations
- Solvent and coupling agent in the formulation of sun screen, lotion, shampoos, shaving creams and other similar products
- Emulsifier in cosmetic and pharmaceutical creams
- Ingredient for low-temperature heat-transfer fluids involving indirect food contact, such as brewing and dairy uses, as well as refrigerated grocery display cases
- Very effective humectant, preservative and stabilizer in semi-moist pet food (with the exception of cat food), bakery goods, food flavorings and salad dressings
ISO 9001:2015 standard and ISO 14001:2015 standard
For more info, please visit dow.com/propyleneglycol/products/puraguard_pg_uspep.htm